What is MQC?
MES Quality Commander® is a monitoring and management tool for the comprehensive quality assessment of model-based software development. User-friendly visualizations, evaluations, and data capturing assist the user to assess the current quality of artifacts and provide a status overview of the overall project quality. In addition, MQC shows the quality trend, which provides information about the progress of the project. MQC can be seamlessly integrated into any development environment or Continuous Integration.
Highlights in latest versions of MES Quality Commander® (MQC) v.6.0
Multiple Quality Models
It is now possible to configure the overall quality model out of multiple smaller ones, e.g. when each data source is defined in its own quality model. MQC provides initial quality models for each data source that can be applied e.g. when a data source is not defined in another overall quality model.
Faster File Import and Data Transformations
The file import now only loads new data, while improvements in the internal data flow and memory consumptions lead to significantly shorter data transformation and calculation times. The adapter framework has been modified to reduce complexity and reacts faster now as well.
Highlights in MES Quality Commander® (MQC) v.5.3
Project Creation Wizard
When creating a new project you only need to specify the location of your data (source) and the revision granularity in the dialog. The project will then be set up automatically including the import of data, which significantly reduces the set up time.
Multiple Git Repositories as one Data Source
Configure one data source for a multiple number of similarly structured Git repositories containing your data. This can reduce your configuration effort considerably, as you will only need one Git configuration (branches, commits, time range, etc.) for a list of similar Git repositories.
Highlights in MES Quality Commander® (MQC) v.5.2
- Aggregation of artifact structure levels keeps the overview manageable even in very large projects. All visualizations can be adapted according to the selected structural level.
- Sorting and searching were added to the KPI visualizations for Artifacts, Quality Properties, and Measures.
- Improvements to tool adapters and Git connection for enhanced performance.
Highlights in MES Quality Commander® (MQC) v.5.1
Annotations for Quality Properties
Use annotations to justify and adapt quality values directly in the project. Annotations can change either the quality bin or the quality value of a quality property measure. A validity time frame can be applied.
Highlights in MES Quality Commander® (MQC) v.5.0
MQC supports GIT as a source of data. Custom filter options can be used to preselect relevant data.
Differences in the quality and availability of data between revisions are calculated and shown in the new “Diff” view.
Quality bins are user-configurable in name, number, thresholds, and color-scheme for convenient adaptation.
- Extract the MQC zip file into a target folder with write access.
- Navigate to the MES_MQC_SpotfireAnalyst11-4-2_single_user_win\Products\TIBCO Spotfire Installer directory
- Execute the setup file (.exe)
- Follow the installation instructions provided by the MQC User Guide.
Update to the Latest Version
- On startup choose to login to the MQC Server instead of working offline.
- In case of available updates, you will be automatically prompted to update.
- Confirming the update will install the latest version of MQC.
For further information, please, check the installation instructions provided by the MQC User Guide.
The following system requirements must be in place to use MQC:
- Windows (7 + 8 + 10 - 64-bit versions)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 (or higher)
- Microsoft Office 2010 (or higher)
Read more about detailed hardware requirements in the MQC User Guide.
The MQC User Guide includes a Quick Start Guide, which gives you an introduction into the functionality of the MES Quality Commander®. It shows you how to use MQC to analyse your project quality and data. You are guided in detail and will learn how to:
- Open the sample project shipped with MQC
- Work with MQC by navigating through the different pages
- Check the availability of the loaded data
- Check the status of project KPIs and quality
- Identify root causes of insufficient quality
If you have any suggestions to help us improve the MES Quality Commander® (MQC), please do not hesitate to contact us:
The MQC User Guide presents clear instructions on how to work with the MES Quality Commander® (MQC). It provides users with information about getting started and working with MQC.
You can easily call the User Guide (PDF format) by clicking on “Help” > “User Guide for MES Quality Commander” in the menu.
Additionally, by clicking on any of the “Help” icons within the tool you will be directly lead into specific chapters resp. sections of the User Guide (HTML format) (see image).
MQC Related Videos
Release Notes - MQC v.6.0 (March 2022)
Multiple Quality Models
- Your overall quality model can be configured out of multiple (smaller) quality models. This improves the handling, maintenance, and especially the extension of the quality model definition.
- We recommend defining each data source in its own quality model. The quality models we provide with MQC follow this recommendation.
- Even if there is no overall quality model defined, MQC recognizes the data sources used and loads the provided initial quality models.
Faster File Import and Transformations
- Now MQC detects new data files and imports only the new data. In this way, importing new data into an already existing project happens much faster.
- The time needed for calculations and transformation of the data is now reduced by half. This was achieved through improvements in the data flow and reducing the internal memory consumption.
- As a result of the improved data handling MQC is more responsive and gives you more intermediate status updates of running calculations.
- The adapter framework is faster now and was modified to reduce complexity. The GUI now focuses on showing only the standard adapters by default. However, the full set of adapters is still available with MQC.
Project Creation with Complete Configuration
- We added an advanced mode to project creation, in which all necessary configurations for your project i.e. Project Structure, Quality Models, Settings, Adapters, etc. can be configured before creating the project. This facilitates a fast and comprehensive setup process.
Loading and Exporting Quality Models in Yaml
- MQC introduces Yaml as recommended format for the load and export of quality models.
- MQC continues to support quality models defined in Excel.
- All quality models shipped with MQC are provided in both Yaml and Excel format.
Tool Adapter for SL Requirement and SLReq Quality Model
- The HTML report of SL Requirement (SLReq) by The Mathworks is supported.
- The adapter extracts the Implementation Status with the following variables: Implemented, Justified, None, and Total.
- The SLRequirements quality model includes all the extracted measures and provides the "Requirements Coverage" quality property.
- The extended file browser shows a number of predefined places depending on the current use case. When adding quality models you have direct access to the provided quality models as well as the one in the MQC Showcase. When adding custom adapters all provided adapters are directly accessible.
- The Bin configuration can be configured directly in MQC's GUI instead of defining it in a quality model.