MES Quality Tools License Configuration
General license questions
When do I need a new license file and where do I get it?
If you upgrade your tool to a new major version, for example from 3.x to 4.x, you need a license file for this new major version. If you just want to upgrade within a major version, e.g. from 4.6 to 4.7, you can use the old license file. The license files are backward compatible, meaning that you can use a 4.x license file for older tool versions.
Usually, if your license file has to be updated, you will receive the following error message: FlexErrorNo: -21
License file does not support this version.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an updated license file. If the license is under maintenance, you will receive it promptly.
MXAM Tool FAQ
How can I start an analysis?
How can I handle the different views in the report perspective?
How can I repair guideline violations?
How can I justify guideline violations?
How can I save my report?
Why do I not see the MXAM Report Adapter in the Artifacts Wizard?
How can I select the reports that I want to compare?
Copy the license file (.lic) into the 'license' directory of your tool installation. You receive your license file by email from MES or from your admin.
If you need a new Node-locked license due to change of computer:
Can I install an MES Tool on a terminal server and start it via a Terminal Client session using a Node-locked license?
This is not possible. A Node-locked license is only meant for local usage on the host to which it is bound. This means that the tool and license have to be installed on the computer on which it is used.
If you try to use an MES Tool via a Terminal Client session (Remote Desktop session), the following error message will appear:
Cannot checkout an uncounted license within a Windows Terminal Services guest session.
If you wish to have a license that enables use of the MES Tool on several hosts or by several users, we recommend Dongle or Floating network licenses.
I have a new computer. How can I change my MAC ID?
- Copy the license file (.lic) into the 'license' directory of your tool installation. You receive your license file by email from MES or from your admin.
- You need to install the dongle driver (FlexID WibuKey Driver) once. It can be found at the root folder of the CD (MES_Flexnet_DongleDriver.zip) or at http://www.model-examiner.de/pmxNamv1nxu3gxyAr/MES_lm-22.214.171.124_dongle_driver_6.30.zip Install the i686 driver on a 32bit system or the x64 driver on a 64bit system.
- Plug-in the dongle in an USB port.
License server setup for all MES tools
(MXRAY from 3.1, MXAM from 4.0, MTest from 4.0, MoRe from 1.0)
The FlexNet Publisher (FNP) libraries integrated in the MES license module have been updated to version 11.14. This update enables the license module to read dongle ids on systems running the WibuKey driver in version 6.32 or above. If you are using a floating license server which is lower than version 11.14. you must update this installation. Otherwise, there may occur incompatibility issues between the license module and the FlexNet server libraries.
The license file must be installed on your server.
To use a MES Quality Tool with a floating license please download our MES FlexNet Daemon for Windows and install the 32bit or 64bit format on your FlexNet server:
If you wish to set up a new FlexNet server, you can download the server and the instructions here:
MXRAY client configuration
- Ask for the host address (IP or domain name) of the license server and, optionally, the port to use.
- If not already open, open the MATLAB® version where you installed MXRAY. Please check whether you have correctly added the 'mxray' directory to the MATLAB® path as described above.
- Use the mxray_installFloatingLicense() MATLAB® function and give the port and host as string parameter ('port@host'), e.g.:
- mxray_installFloatingLicense('email@example.com') (port and IP)
- mxray_installFloatingLicense('firstname.lastname@example.org') (port and domain name)
- mxray_installFloatingLicense('3421@myserver') (port and intranet host name)
- mxray_installFloatingLicense('192.168.1.107') (only IP)
- mxray_installFloatingLicense('myserver.comp.com') (only domain name)
- You can now use M-XRAY as long as the FlexNet server is available at this address.
- The function copies the lismo.config file to the tool's AppData directory and creates the port@host entry. Should you need it, you can get the directory with the created lismo.config file by launching path_mxray() and mxray_getToolAppDataDirectory().
MXAM client configuration
- To configure MXAM to use a floating license from the server, start the license manager (double click LicenseManager.jar in the MXAM installation directory).
- Change the 'License Server IP' field. Enter the address of the FlexNet license server as follows: port@IP e.g. email@example.com
- You can now use MXAM provided that the FlexNet server is available at this address.
MTest client configuration
- Ask for the IP address of the license server and, optionally, which port to use.
- Create the user-specific MTest lismo directory on your computer. You can retrieve the name of the user directory via YourUserDir = getenv('APPDATA'). The MTest lismo directory must be: YourUserDir\MES\MTEST\4_0\lismo
- Copy the lismo.config file from the 'lismo' directory of your MTest installation to the MTest lismo user directory on your computer (the example contains an example configuration).
- Set the name of the Flex license server according to your system:
for instance: firstname.lastname@example.org (port and IP)
for instance: email@example.com (only IP)
Do not remove the license_file_dir= line.
- MTest is now ready to use so long as the FlexNet server is available at this address.
- Once you close MTest, the license will be returned within the next 30 seconds.
If it takes longer, please report this to us.
In any case, the license should be returned by closing MATLAB®.
If MTest was closed unexepectedly, please close MATLAB® as well.
MoRe client configuration
- Ask for the host address (IP or domain name) of the license server and optionally the port to use.
- If not already open, open Matlab. Please check if you correctly installed MES MoRe as described above.
- Use the installFloatingLicense_MoRe() Matlab function and give the port and host as string parameter ('port@host'), e.g.:
- installFloatingLicense_MoRe('firstname.lastname@example.org') (port and IP)
- installFloatingLicense_MoRe('email@example.com') (port and domain name)
- installFloatingLicense_MoRe('3421@myserver') (port and intranet host name)
- installFloatingLicense_MoRe('192.168.1.107') (only IP)
- installFloatingLicense_MoRe('myserver.comp.com') (only domain name)
The function copies the lismo.config file to the tool's AppData directory and creates the port@host entry. In case you are interested, you can get the directory with the created lismo.config file by launching path_MoRe() and mes.more.ToolAppData.ToolAppDataDir.
- Now you can use MES MoRe as long as the FlexNet server is available at this address.