Founded in 2006, Model Engineering Solutions GmbH is an SME with approximately 50 employees, flat hierarchies, agile methods, an open communication culture, and team spirit. We specialize in solutions for quality assurance of software projects. We support our customers in developing model-based embedded software according to industry standards such as IEC 61508, ISO 26262, and ASPICE. Our customers are well-known OEMs and suppliers to the automotive industry such as Bosch, Mercedes Benz, Ford, Geely, Stihl and VW. Many of the world's highest-grossing manufacturers and suppliers in the automotive sector rely on MES solutions in their development environments.
We are currently looking for an English translator and content creator to join our marketing team in Berlin, Germany. You are free to choose your working hours as we are open to anything between 20 hours per week and a full-time position of 40 hours.
English Translator / Content Creator (F/M/D)
What you can expect at MES:
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours as well as the possibility to work remotely. It is up to you whether you work from home, at the office or a mix of the two that works for you.
- Our centrally-located office space also has a lot to offer such as individually and well-designed workstations, massages, table tennis, foosball, drinks, snacks, and a historic market hall around the corner.
- A small but well-coordinated marketing team with an international background is looking forward to meeting you. A mentor to support you during the first few weeks of onboarding.
- Our focus is B2B marketing for software projects. Our target group is mainly engineers from the automotive industry.
- A wide range of training opportunities and your continuous personal and professional development are very important to us. You will be given sufficient time to familiarize yourself with new programs and to develop your professional skills.
About the job:
- You are a specialist in our marketing team for everything that has to do with Proofreading of English texts. Besides translation from German to English, tasks include the creation of contents such as tutorials, manuals, release notes, mailings & newsletters, blog and social media posts. You can expect a wide range of tasks and a variety of projects.
- You manage our social media channels (especially LinkedIn).
- You can play an important role in our web video production and voice recordings.
- We invite you to be a coach and English teacher for our colleagues.
- You will work on your ideas and projects together with the marketing team, the Product Owners of our software tools, and the Head of Product.
What we expect from you:
- We are searching for an English native speaker with university degree or similar background.
- You should have previous experience in translation and the ability to learn fast.
- You have good communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as an excellent feel for the English language.
- Good German is a must; further languages are of advantage.
- You work independently, move your projects forward, and represent your ideas confidently. You are creative and you have copywriting skills.
- You have no problem working predominantly with software developers and are interested in getting to know a forward-looking and highly-specialized industry.
- You have good MS Office skills. Knowledge of email tools (CleverReach), social media management platforms (Hootsuite), web content management, graphic and video editing tools are a plus.
Have we sparked your interest? Then send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.