Functional Safety for Automotive Professionals
|Mar 26–27, 2019||German||Berlin, Germany|
ISO 26262 provides an internationally recognized reference for the development of safety-related automotive E/E systems. Developers of such systems need to understand and implement the standard’s requirements pertaining to system, hardware, and software development.
This 2-day training class provides a systematic introduction to key concepts of ISO 26262 and their practical application, covering the concept phase including hazard analysis and risk assessment (HARA) as well as the subsequent system, hardware, and software development phases.
Also available as an in-house training class worldwide on request.
In this case, our instructors can tailor the curriculum to meet your specific needs.
Automotive professionals (component and system engineers, engineering managers, quality and project managers) involved with the development of safety-related automotive E/E systems, future functional safety engineers and managers.
Conditions of Participation and Cost
The price for the training class includes training materials, refreshments, and lunch.
Cost: € 1,370.00 plus VAT (where applicable)
Early bird discount: 10% off participation cost
We offer an early bird discount of 10% for registrations received 30 days prior to the event.
Multi-person discount: 25% off participation cost
An additional 25% discount on the booking is available for companies registering more than one participant or more than one training class at the same time.
Academic discount: 40% off participation cost
An academic discount of 40% is available for students and university faculty members.
Please find all further conditions of participation and cost at MES Terms and Conditions - MES Training Classes.
- Safety 101 (harm, risk, risk reduction, fault, error, failure, hazard, failure classification)
- Scope of ISO 26262 (safety, functional safety, safety of the intended function)
- Item definition and hazard analysis and risk assessment (HARA), ASIL determination
- Refinement of safety requirements (safety goals, functional safety concept, technical safety concept, hardware safety requirements, software safety requirements, ASIL decomposition)
- Fundamentals of system, hardware, and software development in compliance with ISO 26262
- OEM – supplier relationships (development interface agreement, workshare)
- Functional safety management (safety plan, safety case, confirmation measures)
|10 a.m.||Welcome and introduction round|
|10:30 a.m.||Safety fundamentals
|11:30 a.m.||ISO 26262 - Introduction
|12:30 p.m.||Lunch break and open dialog|
|1:30 p.m.||ISO 26262 – Concept phase
||3 p.m.||ISO 26262 – System development (I)
||5 p.m.||End of day|
|9 a.m.||ISO 26262 – Hardware development
|11 a.m.||ISO 26262 – Software development
|12 p.m.||Lunch break and open dialog|
|1 p.m.||ISO 26262 – System development (II)
||3 p.m.||ISO 26262 – Functional safety management
||4 p.m.||ISO 26262 – Special topics
||5 p.m.||End of training class|